The University of Maryland offers a unique portal for the students and teachers. With the aid of the Division of Information Technology the Learning Technologies Institute offers different tools and course for the teachers and students across different colleges and schools in Maryland. ELMS is the short form of Enterprise Learning Management System which offers support materials for students and teachers in this state. There are workshops held which offer course transformation information and assistance. Blending courses, flipping courses, facilitating tutorials and student engagement as well as adapting the syllabus for online teaching are some of the subjects on which workshops are organized. The ELMS portal provides access to supporting documents and tutorials.
The ELMS offers secure online access for distribution of course materials. Teachers can communicate with students regarding course assignments, how to manage grades and other related content. ELMS also stand for the main aim of this portal which is Enhancing Learning for Maryland Students. On this portal teachers can create term based courses. University faculty and staff can request for spaces to put up their course materials here as well as having space for committees and other regulatory paperwork. Teachers can upload and organize their syllabus, articles, presentations and lecture notes here. They can set up a grade book, open up a discussion forum for their students and even announcements to their students.
Login Process At The University Of Maryland ELMS
The process of creating a teacher or a student account on ELMS is easy if you know the right web page and the right section where the login or access details are provided:
- Log onto the official site of University of Maryland ELMS
- Find the link to Help Desk located on the top of the main page
- On coming to the IT Help Desk site you will find the steps mentioned as well as the link to create a student or a teacher account
- You need to have your social security number and phone number ready to prove your identity before you open an account
- The link to verify the identity may be found on the Help Desk page
- Here you would need to enter the last four digits of your social security number, date of birth and last name
- You may be prompted for your phone number in the subsequent step. You will then need to select your Directory ID. There would be a pre assigned ID given or else you can choose a different ID.
- The next step would comprise of selecting a password and answering a few security questions which would be asked if you forget your password
- Upon agreeing to the terms and conditions your account would be activated.
Web address of the University of Maryland ELMS – elms.umd.edu
Student support – http://elms.umd.edu/page/student-landing-page
Home page – http://elms.umd.edu/