The office of Federal Student Aid works to provide loans, grants and work-study funds. Such financial aid is applicable for college level and to pursue different career programs. Millions of students across the states can make use of the financial aid offered by the federal government. Over one hundred and fifty billion is paid out every year to millions of students. The Student Aid site has been started to provide related information to students on loans. You can find out the subsidized loan programs available, the interest rates applicable on such loans and direct loan program information is available on the site. You can manage your loan applications through this site by registering for a free account. You need to obtain a PIN for your student loan program to gain access to an account here.
About Federal Student Aid
The Federal Student Aid is a part of the U.S. Department of Education. It is known to be the largest provider of student financial aid across the nation. There are 1200 employees at the office of Federal Student Aid who help college education to be accessible to over fifteen million students across the different states. This department has been formed to manage the student financial assistance programs as per the Higher Education Act of 1965. The aim of the different student aid programs ensure that information is available about the different aid programs, how to apply and receive such aid. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA has been developed by this department to make financial aid easier to access and for more students to benefit from such aid.
Application & Login Process Of Federal Student Aid
If you wish to apply for Federal student aid, you need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid application. The process of completing and submitting this application is easy. You need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Find a computer that has working internet access
- Log onto the official site of Federal Student Aid
- You will find the link to FAFSA on the bottom panel of the front page
- Clicking on this link will open a new window
- Here you will find the link to apply
- The application form is simple and consists of first name, last name fields, social security number and date of birth
- Once these details are entered, you will be taken to the next steps to complete the loan application process
- You would be provided a PIN after your loan application is accepted
- With this PIN, you can access your account on the Student Loans page. You need to type in your social security number, date of birth and the last two digits of your last name along with the PIN to access your student loan account