It is tough being unemployed, it is even tougher if someone loses their employment due to circumstances that they did not take part in. If you are among those people whom are unemployed due to no fault of their own, there is hope. The Louisiana government seeks to provide temporary financial assistance to people like you through their unemployment insurance. The unemployment insurance is designed for people who were once employed and lost their employment. The financial assistance is not offered in reference to a person’s need, but according to a person’s past employment and their legal entitlement. The unemployment insurance is paid for by the employers through the reimbursement program
About Louisiana Unemployment Insurance
The Louisiana workforce commission was started so as to carter for the needs of the people who lose their employment due to unavoidable circumstances. The main goal of the commission is to offer unemployment insurance. However, they do also help you look for employment elsewhere. All you will need to do is specify the type of work you are interested in.
For you to qualify for the unemployment insurance, you will have to meet the requirements stipulated. There are three main categories that are required before you can be given the financial aid. First category is the past wages; before you fill in your claim you will be required to give information about your past wages. The other category is reason for being unemployed, you will need to give a reason for you to be unemployed. The reason for you being unemployed or partially unemployed must be through no fault of your own. The last requirement is that you must be available to work.
How To Apply For Unemployment Insurance
Before you can file your claim you will need;
- Your social security number,
- Your job-site locations,
- Telephone numbers of your employers whom you have worked for the last 18 months.
- You can file your claim via the call center or online. It is however recommended that you apply online as it is fast and easy as compared to making a call. You can apply for either weekly payment or the monthly payment.
- Go to the Louisiana workforce commission official website (see below)
- Once the home page opens, ‘File For Unemployment’
- Follow the instructions
- You will have to wait for 3 to 4 days before you can receive your first check.
For more information go to:
Official website of Louisiana workforce commission: www.laworks.net
Link for claiming unemployment benefit: http://www.laworks.net/UnemploymentInsurance/UI_Claimants.asp