Suncoast Schools FCU was formed by the US federal government authority under its special national Credit Union program. Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union also happens to be the biggest credit union in the state of Florida. However, if you want to take advantage of the perks and the credit it gives out, you need to become a member since they serve to members-only crowds.
Signing up is very easy and it is something that brings a lot of benefits. Suncoast FCU provides its members with loans, checking accounts, savings accounts, credit cards and mortgages. However, you need to know there are certain requirements you need to meet before you can sign up and become a member.
About Suncoast FCU
Suncoast Schools FCU is one of the biggest credit unions and it has its headquarters in Tampa FL. It is also regulated and chartered under the NCUA (National Credit Union Administration) of the US government. As of 2013, it has posted almost $5 billion in assets and boasts 520, 000 members in 50 branches all over Florida.
Suncoast FCU started out as Hillsborough County Teachers Credit Union way back in 3 January 1934. It was put up to help meet the needs Hillsborough county teachers. In 1953, they amended their charter to include teachers from neighboring areas and by 1960 they included even more people in their charter. To reflect the changes in their membership criteria, they decided to rename it Suncoast Schools FCU instead.
How to sign up with Suncoast Schools FCU
To sign up for an account with Suncoast FCU, you will need the following:
- A computer or any device with access to the internet
- Application form
- Personal information like your driver’s license number
Steps to follow
- Go to www.suncoastfcu.org.
- Look at the bottom right of the page and look for “About Suncoast.”
- Look for the “Application and forms” link and click on it.
- You will then be directed to page with another list of links. Scroll down and click on “Membership Application” to download a PDF with the list of requirements and forms you need.
- Print it out and fill out the form.
- Fill in the signature card with the required information.
- For joint owners, fill out the joint application form.
- When the form has been completely accomplished, submit the form together with a photocopy of your driver’s license or other government IDs by mailing it to the address indicated in the PDF.
- Do not forget to include proof of eligibility and a check for the required amount.
- Contact Us page: http://www.suncoastfcu.org/Home/ContactUs/tabid/183/Default.aspx
- Suncoast Schools FCU Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suncoast_Schools_Federal_Credit_Union#History
Written By Carl Robinson.