If you love to travel by road, you would probably want an online map to help you reach your destination. Using maps for navigation had evolved over the years and with the advent of electronic navigational products, we can now find out way to any place in the country. Online maps will guide us to our destination, giving us turn by turn directions and information about the amenities and businesses nearby.
MapQuest is one of the most popular online map tool used by people. Apart from providing directions, this tool gives you detailed information on the lowest gas prices in your area. It is a known fact that bulk of your travel expenses will be in the form of amount spent on fuel. If you can find the cheapest fuel in your area, you stand to save a lot of money.
Requirements to access MapQuest
- A Pc or laptop with a fast and stable internet connection
- To use the MapQuest online tool, go to http://classic.gasprices.mapquest.com/.
- Go to the settings option on the screen
- Click on the Edit option to change the preferences
- Provide the country of Preference and the Route Language
- Change the distance settings from Miles to Kilometers
- Click on the Save button, to save the preferences
- Go back to the home page and enter your location in the search box on the top of the screen.
- The search results will be displayed on screen. Pick your City and click on ‘Get Map’
- The map pf the city you have selected will appear on the screen
- Click on ‘Gas Prices’ and a pop up box will appear on screen.
- Find the ‘click here’ button in the pop up and click on it
- Key in your vehicle’s fuel economy in the new text field
- The information that you seek will be displayed on the screen.
Warnings & Tips
- Keep in mind fuel efficiency will vary depending on traffic, terrain, and weather. This is only an estimate to help you gauge approximate usage and should not be used to calculate exact fuel cost of a trip.
- The MPG advertised by your vehicle’s manufacturer, assumes the vehicle is in ideal conditions and properly maintained. Ensure your tires are properly inflated, and perform regular maintenance as need to maintain good MPG.