Buying used cars can be long and tiresome process if you do not know the value of the car you want to buy. It is thus important for you to invest your time in looking at the value and the price quotes before buying. The Kelly Blue book company gives you an opportunity to check the value of the car you want to sell or buy. By using the Kelly Blue Book you will get information of the value, the amount of money you will be expected to pay for a used car and many more. The company gives you information like the certification of the company, the retail price of the car, the Trade-in Value and the Private party value. The Trade-in value is basically what you will expect to pay to a dealer of a trade-in vehicle. The Private party value on the other hand, is what you will expect to pay for the car if you are buying it from a private party.
About Kelly Blue Book
Kelly Blue Book is an automotive valuation company that was started in 1918 by Leslie Kelley. The company was first started under the name Kelley Kar but was later changed to Kelly blue book in 1926. This is the same year that the company released their first blue book. The Kelly blue book was later purchased by Auto Trader in 2010. The company has been making tremendous growth, last year it formed an alliance with the Bitauto holdings a move that seeks to help to expand their brand in to China.
How To Determine The Value Of A Used Car
To know the value of the car you want to buy;
- Go to the official website of the Keller Blue Book company. The company’s home page will appear. On the top part of the page, Click on the car value and select the ‘what should I pay for a used car’.
- A new page will open prompting to enter the year of the car
- Enter the make of the car for example, BMW
- Enter the model. You may enter the mileage if you want, this part is optional
- Click next
- Enter your zip code
- Select the desired type of car you want to price
- Select your value type
- Get the Kelly Blue Book values
To get more information on how to get your used car quotes, go to:
- Official website of Kelly blue book: www.kellybluebook.com
- Alternative link of accessing Kelly Blue book values: autos.aol.com/used/kbb/