In the state of Texas the Child Support Division which handles all matters of child support or medical support for children who are dependent are looked in by the Office of the Attorney General. You can gain assistance for different requirements. The usual query is for a court order and how to obtain the same to establish child support payments. You might have a register only case with the Attorney General office which you wish to supplement with other services such as modification or enforcement. That would make your case a full service case. For all such purposes, the site on Child Support run by the state of Texas allows parents to apply online as well as have a registered account on the site.
About Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott
The site of Chid Support for the state of Texas is part of the website of the Attorney General of Texas. The current attorney general, Greg Abbott was a State District Judge in Harris County after which he served as Justice at the Texas Supreme Court. He was elected to be the attorney general in 2010. The focus of his administration is protecting families and children and family values. His office has generated billions of dollars which is given out as child support in the state.
How To Apply For Child Support In Texas
If you wish to apply for child support you need to check the following information before you proceed:
- If you are receiving state benefits like Medicaid or TANF or already have a child support case running, you need to call at the helpline number listed at the site
- Even if you are a non Texas resident but have a Texas child support order, you can apply for services at the Child Support Division of the Office of the Attorney General of Texas
- If you wish to make an online application, you need to have copies of all orders that concern the child. If you currently receive child support payments through State Disbursement Unit, your payments could be delayed till the order information is received and that is fed in the system.
- Once you have all the necessary papers ready, log onto the official site for child support division of the state as per the link provided
- You need to select the online application as per your situation explained in a tabular form on the site
- You need to fill out the required details completely before you submit the online application form
Official website for child support in Texas – childsupport.oag.state.tx.us