Roku is a popular video streaming player used by millions across the globe. Roku is a small gadget that is light and simple to use. Roku will give you access to more than 600 channels that air movies and shows. Earlier, watching a movie at home was not possible until the DVD of the movie was released. However, with Roku, you get to watch the latest movies even before they are out as DVDs. The Roku gadget is a standalone product and does not require a PC to function. You will need a wireless internet connection though, as Roku does not have a Ethernet port for you to plug in the internet cable.
- A PC with a fast internet connection for registration
- A high-speed Wi-Fi connection (at least 1.2 Mbps) for Roku to connect to the server
- A wireless router or a wireless modem
- To setup your Roku player you need to connect your Roku player to your TV by plugging in the HDMI cable to the TV and the Roku router.
- Insert batteries into the remote control and plug in the Roku router to the electrical socket.
- Place the Roku router in a location where the wirelesses internet signal strength is strong. Avoid placing the Roku player inside a closed space while installing to prevent internet disruption.
- Switch on the TV and follow the instructions displayed on screen.
- The software will be installed automatically and at the end, a link code will be displayed.
- To link your Roku player to your Roku account go to http://www.roku.com/link.
- Type in the link code that is displayed on your TV screen
- You will be asked to enter your Roku login credentials to continue the process
- The player will be linked to your Roku account once the process is complete.
How to Setup Roku Without a Remote
- To setup your Roku without a remote try downloading the Roku app for your iPhone or Android device. You can usually setup and control your Roku just fine with a mobile app.
- You can also pickup a universal remote such as the Harmony remote, that you can setup with your Roku to install and control the device.