Traveling to meet a general practitioner or GP can take time, and having an appointment is a more convenient way of getting the service and medical attention that a person needs.
Today, booking an appointment with a GP is possible online whenever a patient would need an outpatient meeting.
Choosing the most convenient appointment date, time, and location can be in the hands of the patient through the help of Choose and Book by the National Health Service in England.
About Choose and Book
Choose and Book, which is also known as C&B, is a booking software online which allows patients to choose their most convenient appointment date, time, and location for their outpatient concerns.
It was introduced by the NHS in England and its aim was to enable the patient to choose the hospital they please to have an appointment in. The software was made available in 2005 and has had regular patronage since then.
Choose and Book would communicate with the GP Clinical Computer systems and Directly Bookable Hospital Patient Administration Systems to give the recommended and available services for the users.
The results given are taken directly from the hospitals and the patients can book their desired appointments online.
How to Book a GP Appointment using the Choose and Book Site:
What you will need:
- A reliable Internet connection.
- The GP letter and password from your previous hospital visit.
- A laptop or computer to access their website.
Step-by-step instructions to follow to book your appointment:
- Click here to get to the C&B homepage: www.chooseandbook.nhs.uk
- Click on the “Book or change your appointment” which is the top most option at the centre of the homepage.
- Enter the reference number in the first three boxes. You can find these details on the top of the letter your GP has previously given you. Make sure you enter the details properly as you only have three attempts to do so for security purposes.
- Enter your complete year of birth.
- Type your password.
- Click Log In.
- Choose and book your desired appointment from the list that follows.