Changing jobs every few years can lead to a more stable and intellectually rewarding career, according to CBS News.
With a corporation like Lowe’s, employees can easily change positions without leaving the company. Although being a current employee provides an advantage, applying for jobs internally is much the same process as it is for external applicants.
- Navigate to www.myloweslife.com. Enter your employee (sales) number and password in the boxes on the left, then click “Log In.”
- Click on “Lowe’s Career Opportunities,” listed on the right side of the screen under “HR Quick Links,” then click “Search Openings.”
- Select desired job characteristics under the drop-down menus for “Job Category,” “Date Posted,” “State” and “City,” entering the ZIP code and preferred job radius to more easily identify positions close to you.
- Other search methods include entering keywords or entering the Job ID if the desired position is known.
- Click “Search” when finished. A list of job results appears.
- Click on a position that seems appealing. Read the job information that appears on the screen.
- Click “Search Results” to go back to the list of available positions.
- Click “Apply to Job” when you find a position that seems like a good fit.
- Go through the application process, making sure all information is up to date and accurate.
- Attach your resume and cover letter.
- Click “Submit” when finished.