In the state of New Jersey, the Department of Labor and Workforce Development provides unemployment insurance benefits to citizens who have become unemployed due to no fault of their own. The unemployment insurance claim can be made online, by visiting the official website of the NJUI. Before you file for a claim, ensure that you check if you are eligible for the unemployment insurance and keep all information related to your employment in order.
About New Jersey Unemployment Benefits
The New Jersey State Government provides unemployment benefits to its citizens who have lost their jobs due to the economic crisis. These benefits can be availed by people who have been on a regular job for at least 20 weeks and who have lost their jobs due to no fault of their own. There are certain criteria that will have to be met to avail these unemployment benefits and the claim for unemployment benefits can be made online at the official website of New Jersey’s Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
Requirements to file an online NJ Unemployment Insurance Claim
- A PC or laptop with a stable and secure internet connection
- Past employment records and details
- Personal Details
- New Jersey state driver’s license (or) Identification card issued by New Jersey state
- To file for NJ Unemployment Insurance claim online, go to www.njuifile.net.
- Click on ‘File or Reopen your UI claim’ link
- Enter the required details in the relevant boxes in the form
- Ensure that you enter the correct information to avoid rejection of your application due to incorrect data.
- Follow the instructions on screen to complete your online filing process.
- If you are facing issues while filing you claim, you can contact the JJ Department of Labor and Workforce Development through this link, http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/ui/content/contact.html.