EBT or Electronic Benefit Transfer is a social assistance program of the US Government that provides food stamps and other benefits to people who are struggling to make their ends meet. This government assistance is provided to people through EBT cards that act similar to debit and credit cards. The benefits due to the person is transferred to their EBT card associated with their account. This card can be used to purchase food from many grocery stores and some retailers across the country.
ebtEDGE is a government portal that allows EBT users to manage their EBT account. By logging in to their EBT account, they can view the balance of you EBT card, check the transactions and do lots more. The process to log in to the account is very simple and does not include any complex steps.
Requirements to manage your EBT Card Account online using ebtEDGE
- A PC or laptop with a stable and secure internet connection
- Valid EBT Card
- To log into ebtEDGE and manage your EBT Account, go to www.ebtedge.com.
- Click on ‘Cardholder Login’ on the left hand column of the page
- Enter your EBT Card number in the space provided. Enter the card number without spaces.
- Click on ‘Login’ to access your EBT Account
- IF you have trouble logging in to the account, click on ‘Trouble Logging In? Click here for assistance’ link
- A pop up window will appear with the Customer Service numbers for each State
- Dial the number pertaining to your state to seek assistance.
- In the account, you will find information on the benefits you have received, when you will receive your next benefit and the transactions made in your EBT card.