eBenefits is an initiative of the US government to provide convenient access to benefit payments to veterans. For veterans themselves, there are different levels of accounts where they can apply for online benefits payment as well as access their payment history, apply for home loan certificate of eligibility, check on their pension and compensation status and more. For those who are service members, they can access their service member civilian employment information, personal information, insurance, education benefits and other information. For the family members it is possible to create a basic account to access the eBenefits program. They can even make use of the learning opportunities provided and request information from the state offices.
This portal has been created for the veterans, service members or their family members. The eBenefits program offers a central platform for such individuals who can gain access to research, benefits and seek information. The eBenefits offers a personalized workspace. It is called My Dashboard, which offers quick access to the different tools provided here. You will be able to complete different tasks using such tools. You will be able to view your benefits status as well as download DD214 form. There are three levels of accounts available here. For the family members there is provision to create a basic account, while the other account types are anonymous and premium accounts. The eBenefits program was created by the President’s Commission on Care for America’s Returning Wounded Warriors. The commission proposed the creation of the portal to allow the service members, veterans and their family members a central access point to gain benefits information and other facilities.
How To Register For A Veteran Benefits Account
There are many ways you can register for an eBenefits account.
- The easiest way is to log onto the official site of eBenefits as per the link given below
- You will find the link to register for an account at the top right hand corner of the main page
- It will lead to an eBenefits DS Logon Account Registration Wizard.
- You need to have a Common Access Card, an active DOD ID card or have a Defense Finance and Accounting Service myPay account in order to create an account
- Even if you do not have any of the above eligibility conditions, you need to be registered with the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System
- As per the option you choose you will be provided the option of choosing a Basic or Premium account. You need to verify your identity in person or through remote proofing options in order to obtain a Premium Account.
- The main page of eBenefits program – www.ebenefits.va.gov
- Home page – http://www.ebenefits.va.gov/
- FAQs – https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits-portal/ebenefits.portal?_nfpb=true&_nfxr=false&_pageLabel=HelpMain