Finding workers is now made more convenient through online job posting websites. Today, there are numerous freelancers willing to work at home and for those who would like to hire remote workers, Upwork.com is one of the top resources for employers.
You can create a business profile and have access to a pool of freelance professionals who are offering many different services. Posting a job opening and reaching out to potential workers or getting applications from workers online is possible when you have an Upwork.com account.
Upwork.com (formerly oDesk.com) is one of the leading global job marketplaces online which offers a chance for both employers and freelancers as well as other professionals the opportunity to find online work. The website is headquartered in Redwood City, California. The Greek entrepreneurs Stratis Karamanlakis and Odysseas Tsatalos established oDesk back in 2005. The website is made up of a network of freelancers and business owners or other paying individuals looking for jobs or hiring freelance workers. Accessing the job marketplace is only possible when an individual has an account, and having verified methods of payment is advised for safe transactions and to build trust among the workers online.
How to Post a Job on Upwork.com
You will need a computer or laptop, a stable internet connection, and a valid e-mail address to post your job to find freelancers on Upwork.com. Next, follow these steps to find suitable candidates:
- Click on this link to get to the Upwork website: www.upwork.com.
- At the top left corner of the page right next to the Upwork logo, click on “Hire Freelancers.”
- On the next page, you will see a “Post a Job” button at the top right portion of the page underneath the Log in and Sign up tabs.
- Click “Post a Job”
- You will then be lead to a page to “Create a Free Client Account”
- Fill out the required fields, and select your country from the drop down box provided.
- When you are done, click on “Continue to Post Job.”
- You should check an e-mail for any activation link, and then you can proceed to posting a job by entering the information you have as the employer.
- Client resources: https://www.odesk.com/info/client-resource-center/
- Contact and support: https://support.odesk.com/