Being a remote worker and working from the cozy comfort of one’s own home is possible with an account on Elance.com.
Modern technology has now allowed employers to post online jobs which interested and qualified freelancers can apply to.
With thousands of jobs available online freelancers can make the most use of their time without having to spend on commuting fares and time to get dressed for interviews.
In February of 2012, Elance is home to more than half a million businesses and has a pool of over 2 million freelance workers and from the year of foundation in 1999, the total workers have made a collective sum of $850 million and counting.
This online hiring platform has its headquarters in Mountain View, California and offers a VMS or vendor management system for contractors while giving freelance workers the opportunity to apply for thousands of different jobs which they can all accomplish online.
Freelancers are allowed to post their profile, portfolio, and their professional as well as educational background and qualifications on their Elance profile.
How to Register to Find Freelancer Work on Elance
You need an active e-mail address for work purposes, a computer or laptop, and a stable connection to the Internet to facilitate the registration.
Next, follow these steps to get a freelancer account on Elance.com:
- Click here to get to their homepage: www.elance.com.
- Click on the “Freelance” link at the top most pane of the page.
- At the middle of the next page, click on the “Register Now (it’s free)” button.
- You will get to the “Create a Freelancer Account” page where you can choose to fill out the form using your Facebook information or Linkedin profile.
- You can also just key in your e-mail address, complete name, username, and password, select your country from the drop down box, select your account type, and your display name.
- Select how you heard about Elance from the drop down box.
- Agree to their Elance Terms of Service by checking the box.
- Click on the “Register” button at the bottom of the page.
- Check your e-mail inbox for an activation link and begin to update your professional profile.
- Contact: https://www.elance.com/q/contact-us/
- The Elance workplace: https://www.elance.com/q/trust-safety/safest-workplace-overview