SouthWest Airlines is one of the major airlines in America that has its headquarters in Dallas, Texas. SouthWest airlines are the world’s largest low cost carrier and were established in the year 1967. The airlines commenced its operations in the year 1971 and have a fleet size of over 550. SouthWest Airlines operate to 85 destinations across 42 states and Puerto Rico. The airlines employ over 46,000 employees and operate more than 3400 flights daily.
Rapid Rewards is the frequent flyer program of SouthWest Airlines and was initiated in the year 1987. It was initially called ‘The Company club’ and was later renamed as Rapid Rewards in 1996. Some of the important features of the frequent flyer program include the option to redeem for international flights and reward points that do not expire.
Requirement to enroll for Rapid Rewards Membership
- A PC or laptop with a stable internet connection
- Social Security Number
- To enroll for the Rapid Reward Program go to http://www.southwest.com/rapidrewards.
- Click on ‘Not a Current Member, Enroll’
- Enter the following details in the form displayed
- First Name
- Last Name
- Preferred First Name
- Date of Birth
- Last four digits of your Social Security Number
- Street Address
- Zip code
- Phone number
- Email address
- Select the type of communication you would like to receive from NorthWest and your preferred username and password.
- Complete the Security Question Answers and select if you want to create a Travel Guide for your profile.
- If you have a promotional code, enter in the space provided and select the box next to ‘I acknowledge that I have and I accept the Rules and Regulation’
- Click on ‘continue’ to create your Rapid Rewards account.