MyPay.dfas.mil (sometimes incorrectly referred to as www.mypay.gov) is a portal that is designed for the families of US Military personnel who are currently in service and ex-servicemen. The US Government provides a lot of benefits to US Militiray personnel and these benefits can be accessed through the MyPay portal. To access the benefits, you will have to register at MyPay portal. The process to sign up for access to MyPay portal is simple and easy, but there are a few instructions that have to be followed. The Defense Financing and Accounting Services provide the benefits, which is an agency of the United States Department of Defense.
Requirements to create your MyPay account
- A PC or laptop with a stable and secure internet connection
- Must be a US Military personnel who is currently serving or a ex-serviceman
- Social Security Number
- To create your MyPay account, go to http://mypay.dfas.mil
- Look for Account Access in the left hand column of the website.
- Enter your Login ID to access the account
- The Defense Financing Accounting Service would have provided you with a temporary Login ID and information on how you can access MyPay services
- If you do not have the temporary Login Id you can create one at the website
- If you want to create a new account, you can do so by entering your social security number
- Enter the details as required in the registration form and click on ‘Accept and Submit’ button
- A temporary password will be created for you
- Now use your newly create Login ID to access MyPay services.
- You can enter the PIN or password only through the on screen keyboard.
- If you have any issues during the sign up process, click on the following link for detailed instructions, http://www.fda.gov/downloads/ForConsumers/ByAudience/ForPatientAdvocates/CancerLiaisonProgram/UCM312540.pdf.