The Department of Human Services of the state of Georgia has various programs and services that benefit the residents of Georgia. One such program is COMPASS, which is part of the Division of Family & Children Services. Using the COMPASS site, Georgians can now apply for food stamps easily. The Georgia Food Stamp program helps low-income families to pay for their food and anyone who is eligible can avail these services. The application for food stamps is located at Georgia states official website Compass.ga.gov.
Common Point of Access to Social Services (COMPASS)is managed by the Georgia Department of Human Resources and is a quick and easy way for residents of Georgia to find answers related to health and human services provided by the Georgia Government. Federal Funds issued by the U.S Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service fund this project of the Georgia State.
Requirements to apply for Food Stamps at Georgia COMPASS
- A PC or laptop with a fast and secure internet connection
- Must be eligible to apply for the Georgia Food Stamp Program
- To know about the benefits and eligibility requirements you can download the document from the following link, http://www.odis.dhr.state.ga.us/3000_fam/3420_food/MANUALS/Forms/FORM%2047%20%28Rev.01-09%29.doc.
How to Apply for Food Stamps – (for Compass.ga.gov)
- To apply for Food Stamps at Georgia COMPASS, go to https://compass.ga.gov/selfservice/.
- Click on ‘Apply for Benefits’ picture located in the middle of the displayed page.
- In the next page, there will be three options provided to you.
- Start a new application
- Keep working on an application you have started
- Check the status of application
- Select ‘Start a new application’ and click on ‘Next’.
- In the displayed page, you will have to provide details that will be used to determine your TANF eligibility.
- Fill in the required details and click on ‘Next’.
- The next step will give you three options
- Create an account
- Log in using your existing account
- Apply without creating an account
- If you want to create an account, select the ‘Create an account’ option and follow the instructions to register at the site
- If you are a registered user, provide your username and password and log in to the site.
- If you want to continue as unregistered user, select the third option and click on ‘Next’
- Important information regarding the application process will be displayed on screen. Read the information and then click on ‘Next’ to continue.