The website mentioned above might seem like any other job site, but if you look closely, you will realize that it caters to a certain segment of job seekers. Those, who are on the lookout for full time or part time, hourly or wage paying jobs, they will find the suitable place to seek jobs and post them online at this portal. That is what this site and job company is all about.
Shawn Boyer, the founder of the company, has an interesting story to tell as to how he created this company. He realized that there was a need for a common platform where employers as well as employees could find jobs for hourly or full time wage paying positions. The retail stores and other industries that employed such job seekers probably lost their advantage among the permanent roles and jobs that were highlighted in most job portals. That is when Snagajob was created. The job portal started off as a job board. Here, the job seekers could see who was hiring in the retail industry and applying accordingly. The portal then expanded to form a community of hourly workers, to help them overcome their obstacles and find their dream jobs. The portal also seeks to manage the hiring process for the employers in this industry.
How To Find Local Jobs And Open An Account At Snagajob
The site makes it really simple and easy to sign up for an online account here. There are jobs that are segregated as per locations. It is an unwritten norm that hourly jobs are taken up by local people. And every local region will have numerous hourly jobs that need talent to be sourced for the same.
- When you sign up for an account here, you will receive email alerts as per the jobs available in your region
- It is simple and easy to create an online account here
- The preliminary details that need to be entered are first name, last name, and email address, creating a password and entering the zip code.
- These preliminary data will allow you to initiate the email alerts.
- There are other reminders that are received through this account. You will be able to receive reminders about job interviews and opportunities on your account here. Five messages will be sent per week and data charges would be applicable.