Whatsapp for (PC and Android) is one of the most popular instant messaging application that is used by smart phone users. It is a cross-platform application that is available for Android, iOS, Symbian (S60), BlackBerry OS, Series 40, BlackBerry 10, and for Windows Phone. WhatsApp was launched by Brian Acton and Jan Koum in 2009 and is immensely popular with smart phone users across the globe. WhatsApp has more than 300 million active users as on August 2013 and its users share more than 325 million photos every day. The service is free for the first year and after the first year; the user will have to pay a subscription fee of $0.99 per year.
WhatsApp was an application designed specifically for smart phone users and there is no official version of WhatsApp that can be used in PC. However, WhatsApp can be installed in a PC by following the following instructions.
Requirements to download and use WhatsApp for PC and Android
- A PC or Laptop with a stable and fast internet connection (or) An Android Phone
Installing WhatsApp for Android
- To download and install WhatsApp for your Android Phone, two options are available
- You can install the application on your Android Phone directly through the Google Play Store Application in the phone
- You can install the software by accessing Google Play from your computer.
- To go the official Google Play WhatsApp link, click on https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.whatsapp&hl=en.
- Log in to your Google Account that you have used to setup the Google Play account in your smart phone
- Click on the ‘Install’ button and follow the instructions on screen to complete installing WhatsApp in your Android Phone.
Installing WhatsApp on the PC
- To install WhatsApp for PC, you will need to download an Android Emulator called Bluestacks.
- To download Bluestacks, go to http://www.tecnigen.com/2013/06/26/download-bluestacks-windows-78-offline-installer/.
- Click on ‘Download BlueStacks for Windows & MAC (Offline or Standalone Installer) link
- The download process will start. The file size will be about 103 MB
- After the file is downloaded, install the Android Emulator in your PC
- Open Bluestacks and use the Search function to search for WhatsApp
- Click on the WhatsApp icon to start the download process.
- Once WhatsApp is installed, you can use it to communicate with your friends.
- Alternatively, you can search for ‘WhatsApp Apk file’ on the web, download it and install it to add WahtsApp to the Android Emulator.
Installing WhatsApp for PC without Android Emulator
- Installing WhatsApp for PC without an Emulator is a simple process, but is also a time consuming process.
- Several links can be found online for full version of ‘WhatsApp for PC’, however, most links you will find will be fake
- Finding the right link can take a very long time as it involves a lot of searching.
- If you are able to find the right link, download the application and install it in your computer.
- Run the application and setup your account to communicate with your Whatsapp friends
Remember that you will have to add your friends manually when accessing WhatsApp through PC, which can be a painstaking process.