If you are an aspiring photographer, a website developer, a professional making presentations, having a source of stock photos is a helpful tool for storing and downloading photos for varied uses. With a website such as Fotolia.com, interested individuals can even share their photos and earn from it.
Registering gives access to more than 20 million royalty-free images which are available on the website, created by registered members, for registered members.
They have reasonably priced plans of different amounts to suit the needs of individuals who would like to purchase stock photos from Fotolia.
How to Register for an Account on Fotolia
Registering for an account on Fotolia will take only a few minutes and all you need to have are the following:
- A working e-mail address
- Stable connection to the internet
- A computer or laptop to view their webpage
Next, follow these steps:
- Click on this link to get to the Fotolia homepage: www.fotolia.com.
- At the top right area of the page, click on the “Sign Up” link in between “Login” and the “My Cart” logo.
- You will then get to their “Create a FREE Account” page where you must enter your username or login, e-mail address, and password.
- Select your country from the drop down box.
- Click the box beside “I accept the Terms and Conditions”
- Click on the “Confirm account creation” button at the bottom of the page.
Headquartered in New York City, New York, Fotolia.com was started by Thibaud Elziere, Patrick Chassany, and Oleg Tscheltzoff in November of 2005. The microstock photography company also has offices based in Paris and Seattle.
The website provides millions of royalty-free photos, vectors graphics, as well as videos which can be paid for using a PayPal account. In 2008, the website has gained 800,000 members and two years later, the population as well as the total number of photos had doubled.
In 2012, there are 3 million registered users and the website is home to more than 23 million images.
- Contact: http://www.fotolia.com/Info/Contact
- Terms and conditions page: http://www.fotolia.com/Info/Agreements/TermsAndConditions