The Department of Economic Opportunity offers unemployment benefits to the residents in the state of Florida. Those who were employed before and are currently unemployed can seek assistance at the site of DEO Florida for reemployment assistance and seek claims to support them through the unemployment process. The process of filing claims online makes it easy for you as you need not visit any office or queue up at any pay center to receive your claim. There is a debit card facility as well for which you can sign up to obtain the benefits on that account right away. The process of registering online is detailed below for those who are eligible for such claims.
About Department Of Economic Opportunity Florida
This department was created in 2011 by the Governor of the State. It is part of a sweeping effort taken on to reorganize the economic development system in the state. This department’s main aim is to provide information about workforce employment opportunities, community development programs and economic development initiatives that need to be taken up by the state. The department strives to achieve a balance between the workforce and the economic opportunities that lie in the different sectors. Community and economic development strategies are formulated and taken action upon to impact the employment scenario in the state.
How To Claim Unemployment Benefit Online In Florida
The website of the department of economic opportunities, Florida offers links for people applying for reemployment assistance claims. The online process is easy and transparent, but you need to keep certain information ready in hand:
- Keep all past employment information ready when you begin the online claims process
- The information required related to past information pertains to name of employer, dates worked, reason for separation
- The rights and responsibilities as a claimant is found in the Benefits Rights Information booklet
- Read up the top ten things you should know about the reemployment insurance system
- Know the benefits of receiving the payments faster when you sign up for the debit card program
- The Connect application form has to be filled in at the link provided below
Upon successful completion of the application form, you will be redirected to an initial skills review and registration work. The benefits would be sent to your account from the day of completion of the online claims process.
- Official site of DEO: www.floridajobs.org
- Connect form: https://connect.myflorida.com/Claimant/Benefits/Claims/Initial/ViewPrelimInfo.ASPX