Many people in Texas and the world in general experience difficulty accessing food and other basic needs after they have paid for their bills. Most of these people end up living in difficult conditions. That is the reason why the Texas Health and Human Services Commission introduced a program that is geared to provide benefits to these people to support them on their day to day life. There is something that you should know, these benefits are not for everyone and you will have to meet the minimum criteria for you to qualify for the benefits. You are required to log in to be able to apply for the different benefits that are offered by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC)
About The Texas Health And Human Services Commission Benefits
The HHSC benefits are meant to help the many families that reside in Texas meet their daily needs. The Texas Health and Human Services Commission is a Texas state agency that has the responsibility of overseeing the different services that deal with Health and Human services. There are several departments that are linked to this commission; Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services, Texas Department of Family and Protective services, Texas Department of State Health Services and the Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services.
Before you can apply for the benefits that are offered you will have to fall into either of these two groups;
- Persons with a current balance (this is the combination of your savings and checking balance) that is under $2,001
- Persons with a current balance under $3,001 and share their household with person(s) who are aged 60 years and above or persons with disability
The benefits depend on certain situations and also follow certain criteria which include; your citizenship, residence, employment services, work requirement, income, resources and Social Security Number.You are required to provide information about you and your family, the money you get and the bills you pay before you can apply for the benefits.
How To Log In To Your Texas Benefits Account
- Go to the official website via the link provided
- Once the home page opens, click on ‘You need to log in’ option
- The log in pop up will open
- Enter your username
- Enter the password
- Click on log in
- Official Texas benefits log in link: www.yourtexasbenefits.com
- Official HHSC website: www.hhsc.state.tx.us